- Mar 10 2023 - Jun 04 2023
The Arts Barn Exhibit and Sale
Enter Your Pottery in the Art Barn Show and Sale!
March 10 through June 4, 2023, at the Arts Barn in the Kentlands, Gaithersburg, MD
There is space for over 20 pedestal pieces, and more on glass shelving and walls. Let’s fill the space! (Especially the walls!) Photos of the Arts Barn hanging system are at the end of this page.
Exhibit and sell your best work!!
Here are the details:
* Deadline for entries is February 15
* Exhibit Dates: March 10, 2023, through June 4, 2023
* $20 fee per submission of up to 2 pieces of pottery for sale. A set (cup and saucer, etc) is considered one piece.
* Delivery of accepted work to the Arts Barn: March 6th from 10 am – 12 pm
* Pick up of unsold work: June 5, 2023 from 10 am – 12 pm
* The Arts Barn will receive 30% of all sales. Taxes will be collected and sent to artists to remit to the state. The $20 entry fee goes to Montgomery Potters.
TWO EASY STEPS:
Upload (attach) one high resolution photo for each entry right on the Entry Form!
Photos may be up to 1 MB with plain background.
2. Scroll to the end of this page to pay the $20 fee
The Arts Barn will promote the show! We will jointly host a reception on April 27, 2023, with a 2D art group that will be exhibiting at The Kentlands Mansion, adjacent to the Arts Barn. This will increase exposure to our show.
Here’s the “small print”:
Neither the Arts Barn nor Montgomery Potters can provide insurance for the works in this show. Every effort will be made to handle the works with great care. Artists will be responsible for insuring their own work, if desired.
It is the sole responsibility of the artists or their designee to get their work to and pick their work up from the Arts Barn on the days and times listed above. The Arts Barn charges a daily storage fee for work picked up after June 5 that will be incurred by artists who do not pick their work up on time.
More “small print”:
Please review these requirements from the Arts Barn for all submissions prior to submitting your entry:
The artist group and its members agree to make all works suitable for professional presentation, as appropriate to the individual work of art. All wall-displayed artwork will be hung from a rod and crossbar hanging system and the following applies:
- Artwork must be framed/mounted in a manner compatible with this hanging method which requires a taut hanging wire on the back of each piece of art, placed no lower than 1/3 of the height from the top of the piece. Rings holding wires should be securely attached.
- All pieces must be labeled on the back with the artist’s name and the title of the piece.
- No wall-hung work may be larger than 60 inches in any dimension or 50 pounds in weight.
- Three-dimensional/tabletop work may be no larger than 25 inches in any dimension, without permission in advance from the gallery staff, and artist should bring their own display equipment as needed.