The Montgomery Potters is an arts organization that brings together people interested in ceramics, to increase their skills, to exchange ideas, to stimulate community interest in craft, and to hold periodic exhibits and sales.
Greetings from Robin Ziek and Nancy Jakubowski, the Exhibits Committee! We hope you are inspired to make a piece for the 2022 Montgomery Potters Juried Member Show that will be juried in September by Adriana Baler and on display at the Rockville Memorial Library throughout the month of October. To help us get a sense of how many people plan to participate, please RSVP to Robin or Nancy at the links provided below. Here are all the deets:
- Members in good standing are invited to create pieces that “illustrate a book.” This theme can be interpreted anyway you like, with everything from actual illustrations on pottery to simply conveying the theme or general mood of a book with pottery or sculpture.
- We are honored to have Adriana Baler as our juror for this show. Many of you will remember Adriana’s inspiring and informative program on tile making and marketing in December 2021.
- Adriana will jury the show at the 2nd Annual Montgomery Potters Potluck and Happy Hour on September 21, 2022, from 5-7 pm at the Sandy Spring Museum. Members can bring up to three pieces to be juried for a small fee of $20. Please also bring the book or a picture of the cover of the book that inspired each piece.
- The pieces Adriana selects will be showcased in the vestibule case and the Beall Avenue cases at the Rockville Memorial Library during the month of October 2022.
- To provide an opportunity for a club-wide charitable activity, consider bringing a new children’s book that Nancy and Robin will collect, wrap, and donate on behalf of Montgomery Potters to a local toy drive during the holidays.
We are a diverse, artistic, and creative group of potters. Browse the Artist Page to see our beautiful work.
Let’s double the number of Artist Pages posted in the coming months. To create your artist page, scroll to the bottom of the home page and click member login. You can post up to 20 images. Be sure to add your name to the caption, and set a featured image. You can modify you page at anytime.